Welcome to Slide In!
SlideIn is a project to increase the use of electricity powered buses in cities. SlideIn is base on a technology where the bus connects to an overhead power line and charges the battery whilst driving. As the vehicle is charging whilst moving, charging efficiency is improved at the same time as the buses have the ability to drive on stretches without power lines. The project runs between September 2011 and December 2015 and the goal is to develop an attractive and cost effective solution for electrifying a larger share of public transport.
- Reduced greenhouse emissions and air pollution
- A fossil fuel free project for the “eco city” Landskrona
- Reduced cost. Cheaper to run on electricity and batteries.
- An electric engine is much more durable. Sometimes 20 times longer lifespan for the engine itself.
- The same standard for internal comfort
- Higher standard for the outdoor environment (no noise pollution)
- Possibility of using existing infrastructure investments
- Applied development to see if it is possible to electrify a larger share of public transport in cities
- If the battery economy is manageable, it can be a good option for the future. (The battery ought to be part of the operating cost)
Travel with the SlideIn-bus
The SlideIn bus runs on battery power as line 4 and 5 and charges the battery under the wire as line 3.
The time table shows the scheduled trips of the SlideIn bus, but as the bus is part of a pilot project, other vehicles may on some occasions take over the route.
Route map Time table (click on the image)
Download timetable as pdf SlideIn omlopp 125 – tidtabell